Yes, you have read it right. I am a loser not with my life but with my things. I am not ashamed of it, since everyone is mostly like me who forget where they have kept things like mobile phone, wallet, keys, etc. That’s why we need to spend money on gadgets like Tile Mate to keep track of things and save precious time especially when we are running late for parties, office, events, etc.
The Tile Mate is the third-generation in the Tile tracker series, which helps in finding out the important things while you are in a rush or time crunch within few seconds. You just have to click the button to initiate ringing on the lost phone or click in the app to find keys, wallet, etc.
Why we people need Tile Mate – Simply because it has some awesome features
- Help you find your phone: If you have difficulty in finding your phone. One simply needs to double press the button on Tile Mate to make your phone ring -even on silent!
- Help you find other imp stuff: Tile Mate can be easily plug onto key chains or can be attached to imp things like wallet which you don’t want to lose or like to find it fast when required. Uses your smartphone to make your Tile Mate ring when it’s nearby but out of sight.
- Last place: Its last place features shows you where you had last kept the thing you are looking for. The easy-to-use, free Tile app remembers the last time and place it saw your Tile, so if you left it somewhere, you’ll always know where to look.
- Friends and family feature: Tiles allows you to share your Tile Mate’s location with friends and family members, which helps in using their mobile device to locate or find your Tile or phone in case you could not find or lost it.
- Community feature: Suppose you have dropped your keys in a train and realize it later on when you get home. So, how you are going to find them its next to impossible. This is where its community feature is awesome. With over 5 million Tile devices sold, it is the world’s largest lost and found network. You can ask tile community members to help you find your lost object with a tile. A built-in community feature lets other Tile owners anonymously ping your phone or Tile if they’re nearby. You’ll get a notification alert if someone finds your lost item.
Key features of Tile Mate
- Design: Device has a sleek design and has a smooth white plastic surface with small Tile logo in the middle. Speakers are on the back side of the device and has a capacity to ringing one of four 88-decibel chimes. The corner has been cut to provide a hole to attach key rings.
- Size: The current version of device is 3/4th in size compared to its earlier version and thinner as well. It’s size is close to normal key rings at 34 x 34 x 4.7mm.
- Pricing: Tile mate has been priced at around $25 with 1 pack. Also, tile mate comes in 4 pack – $ 70 and 8 pack – $130
- Water resistant: The device has been rated IP5 for water resistance, which means it can survive splashes and rain but not a dip in the pool or the washing machine. Thus, its not waterproof but only water resistant
- Pairing: The Tile Mate can pair with Bluetooth devices running iOS or Android. One can connect title with their mobile devices within few seconds through free Tile app. One can only pair up to 250 Tiles to one account. Further, tile mate is meant for a single owner i.e. once you have paired tile with your account, you need to directly email the company with device information to un-pair it and let someone else use it.
- Battery Life: Is around one year but some users have complained running out earlier by few months. Thus, depend entirely on the usage by an individual. Further, the battery is non-removable and means once the battery dies, so does your Mate. There is an automatic notification after about 11 months when battery runs low to probably entice you to order a new one at a discounted price. The Mate is available for $25, in a four-pack for $70, or in an eight-pack for $130.
- Accuracy: The device is largely accurate with its findings and ease to find due to loud ringing tone, if within its Bluetooth range. However, its accuracy is affected by various factors including physiology, location of device, and different movements.
- Mobile app: The app is well designed with good user interface. The main screen showcase a list of the Tiles connected to your phone, add new Tiles, edit the name of each Tile, and view a Google Map that shows where a Tile was last seen. Tapping a Tile on the main list moves you to a screen divided into two halfs with a top half that contains the Tile’s name, a green ring indicating connected one’s and a Find button that activates the Tile’s alarm. The bottom half showcasing two tabs: one with basic tips about the Tile Mate’s features, and another where you can view a Google Map with your Tile’s location, change the alarm tone, or read the FAQ.
Some drawbacks – Despite these product remains attractive to buy
- Medium sound level: The device sound level is bit low, especially if kept under a pillow its hard to hear it. However, the Bluetooth connectivity helps under this circumstances as you can see if device is paired its near buy
- Water proof: I would personal want company to make water proof mates rather than their existing water resistant as there are occasions when you through them into washing machines with clothes.
- Non-rechargeable Battery: Lack of rechargeable battery makes it redundant after a year when battery ends its life. Thus, one need to buy a new mate.
- Works only in Bluetooth range: Although it only works within Bluetooth range, you can tap into a community of Tile users to cast a wider net to help find what you’ve lost.
The Tile Mate is a must buy, especially for people who have tendency of misplacing and loosing stuffs. Its USP lies in its ability to easily track phone and stuff, large size of tracking community and reasonable pricing makes Tile Mate an attractive buy.